An acronym is an abbreviation that is pronounced like a word. Sometimes the requirement is also made that each letter represents a separate word. These abbreviations are then called initial words. A real acronym usually consists of the first letters of several words and must above all be able to be pronounced as a word. Think, for example, of NATO or HAVO. Abbreviating these words is especially practical and easier to read and pronounce than when you have to pull up the whole text. Within the internet marketing world, there are a number of common acronyms (and initials). Below is a list, including meaning.
- AIDA = Action, Interest, Desire, Action
- ASP = Application Service Provider
- API = Application Programming Interface
- B2B = Business To Business
Business-to-business (also known as B2B) refers to companies that mainly sell their products or services to other companies. Often these are companies that can provide the products or services.
- B2C =Business To Consumer
Business-to-consumer (B2C) concerns companies that mainly sell their products or services to private individuals. We also know this market as retail. Well-known business-to-consumer..
- BR =bounce rate
The bounce rate (literally translated: that part that bounces off) is the percentage of visitors that land on your site and immediately leave, or at least do not view a second page. In this article we explain everything about..
- CMO = Chief Marketing Officer
- CMS =Content Management System
CMS is a Content Management System; a software application (usually a web application, which allows people to publish documents and data on the internet. The system is built in such a way that you..
- CPC = Cost Per Click
The Cost per Click (CPC) is a measure of the cost of an online advertisement. Unlike with printed media (newspapers, magazines, etc.), you don’t pay for the advertisement itself, but for every click you make.
- CR = Conversion Rate
- CSS = Cascading Style Sheets
- CTA =Call To Action
In this article, I’m going to explain what a CTA (aka call-to-action) is, how it works, and why it works. This article is packed with useful information. You clicked on our CTA, so please admit it…
- FB =facebook
Facebook marketing is one of the most interesting ways of online marketing today.
- FF = Follow Friday
- HTML = Hyper Text Markup Language
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a markup language for document content, primarily intended for the Internet. HTML also forms the basis for the graphical layout of websites. HTML consists of a “flat..
- IP Address(s) = Internet Protocol Address
- ISP = Internet Service Provider
- PPC = Pay Per Click
- ROI = Return On Investment
ROI is short for return on investment, or return on investment. You calculate the ROI quite easily. You subtract the costs from the revenue. The trick, however, is to know very well what…
- RSS = Rich Site Summary
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication (or Rich Site Summary) and it is a technical tool that easily keeps you informed of new messages being posted on your favorite websites. Instead of..
- RT = Retweet
- SaaS= Software As A Service
- SEO= Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization (NL: search engine optimization). SEO is the art of optimizing your website for the search engines so that you can be found better.
- UI = User Interface
- URL = Uniform Resource Locator
A Uniform Resource Locator (URL for short) is a structured name that refers to a piece of data. The best-known examples are the unique address used to determine the location of a web page on the Internet.
- WOM = Word of Mouth
Geography: 50 U.S. States
- Alaska - Alaska is one of the 50 states of the United States of North America. The state is located in the Western region of the...
- Arizona - Arizona is one of the 50 states of the United States of America. The state is located in the West region and has a...
- Arkansas - Arkansas is one of the 50 states of the United States of North America. The state is located in the Southern region of the...
- California - California is one of the fifty states of the United States of America. The state is located in the Western United States region and...
- Colorado - Colorado is one of the 50 states of the United States. The state is located in the Western region of the US and has...
- Connecticut - Connecticut is one of the 50 states of the United States of North America. The state is located in the Northeast region of the...
- Delaware - Delaware is one of the 50 states of the United States of North America. The state is located in the Southern region of the...
- Florida - Florida is one of the 50 states of the United States of North America and is one of the southern states of the country....
- Georgia - Georgia is one of the 50 states of the United States. The state is located in the Southern States region of the US and...
- Hawaii - Hawaii, or Hawaii, is one of the 50 states of the United States of North America. The state is located in the Pacific Ocean...