An acronym is an abbreviation that is pronounced like a word. Sometimes the requirement is also made that each letter represents a separate word. These abbreviations are then called initial words. A real acronym usually consists of the first letters of several words and must above all be able to be pronounced as a word. Think, for example, of NATO or HAVO. Abbreviating these words is especially practical and easier to read and pronounce than when you have to pull up the whole text. Within the internet marketing world, there are a number of common acronyms (and initials). Below is a list, including meaning.
- AIDA = Action, Interest, Desire, Action
- ASP = Application Service Provider
- API = Application Programming Interface
- B2B = Business To Business
Business-to-business (also known as B2B) refers to companies that mainly sell their products or services to other companies. Often these are companies that can provide the products or services.
- B2C =Business To Consumer
Business-to-consumer (B2C) concerns companies that mainly sell their products or services to private individuals. We also know this market as retail. Well-known business-to-consumer..
- BR =bounce rate
The bounce rate (literally translated: that part that bounces off) is the percentage of visitors that land on your site and immediately leave, or at least do not view a second page. In this article we explain everything about..
- CMO = Chief Marketing Officer
- CMS =Content Management System
CMS is a Content Management System; a software application (usually a web application, which allows people to publish documents and data on the internet. The system is built in such a way that you..
- CPC = Cost Per Click
The Cost per Click (CPC) is a measure of the cost of an online advertisement. Unlike with printed media (newspapers, magazines, etc.), you don’t pay for the advertisement itself, but for every click you make.
- CR = Conversion Rate
- CSS = Cascading Style Sheets
- CTA =Call To Action
In this article, I’m going to explain what a CTA (aka call-to-action) is, how it works, and why it works. This article is packed with useful information. You clicked on our CTA, so please admit it…
- FB =facebook
Facebook marketing is one of the most interesting ways of online marketing today.
- FF = Follow Friday
- HTML = Hyper Text Markup Language
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a markup language for document content, primarily intended for the Internet. HTML also forms the basis for the graphical layout of websites. HTML consists of a “flat..
- IP Address(s) = Internet Protocol Address
- ISP = Internet Service Provider
- PPC = Pay Per Click
- ROI = Return On Investment
ROI is short for return on investment, or return on investment. You calculate the ROI quite easily. You subtract the costs from the revenue. The trick, however, is to know very well what…
- RSS = Rich Site Summary
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication (or Rich Site Summary) and it is a technical tool that easily keeps you informed of new messages being posted on your favorite websites. Instead of..
- RT = Retweet
- SaaS= Software As A Service
- SEO= Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization (NL: search engine optimization). SEO is the art of optimizing your website for the search engines so that you can be found better.
- UI = User Interface
- URL = Uniform Resource Locator
A Uniform Resource Locator (URL for short) is a structured name that refers to a piece of data. The best-known examples are the unique address used to determine the location of a web page on the Internet.
- WOM = Word of Mouth
Geography: 50 U.S. States
- Sremski Karlovtsy, Serbia - The old town of Sremski Karlovci with a population of only 10,000 people is one of the most charming places in the Vojvodina region...
- Fujairah, United Arab Emirates - Fujairah is one of the popular resorts of the UAE, an emirate with the capital of the same name, which is very different from...
- Meanings of Ecclesiastical - The first thing we are going to do to know the meaning of the ecclesiastical term that concerns us now is to discover its...
- Meanings of Dynamometer - A dynamometer is a tool that, based on the changes in the elasticity of a spring with a certain calibration, allows the weight of...
- Richmond, Virginia - According to ehuacom, Richmond is the capital of the state of Virginia, in the United States. The city has 227,000 inhabitants and an agglomeration...
- San Jose, California - Saint Joseph City in the United States Location State California County Santa Clara County Coordinates 37°18’15″NB, 121°52’22″WL General Surface 467,55 km² – land...
- Nez Perce National Historical Park, Washington - The Nez Perce was a Native American tribe whose typical distinguishing feature was pierced noses in which they wore a type of sea shell....
- Houston, Texas - Most of us remember this line well from American films, especially from the Oscar-winning “Apollo 13”. This time, exceptionally, it is not just a...
- Alaska - Alaska is one of the 50 states of the United States of North America. The state is located in the Western region of the...
- Arizona - Arizona is one of the 50 states of the United States of America. The state is located in the West region and has a...