An acronym is an abbreviation that is pronounced like a word. Sometimes the requirement is also made that each letter represents a separate word. These abbreviations are then called initial words. A real acronym usually consists of the first letters of several words and must above all be able to be pronounced as a word. Think, for example, of NATO or HAVO. Abbreviating these words is especially practical and easier to read and pronounce than when you have to pull up the whole text. Within the internet marketing world, there are a number of common acronyms (and initials). Below is a list, including meaning. See AbbreviationFinder.org for more acronyms.
- AIDA = Action, Interest, Desire, Action
- ASP = Application Service Provider
- API = Application Programming Interface
- B2B = Business To Business
Business-to-business (also known as B2B) refers to companies that mainly sell their products or services to other companies. Often these are companies that can provide the products or services.
- B2C =Business To Consumer
Business-to-consumer (B2C) concerns companies that mainly sell their products or services to private individuals. We also know this market as retail. Well-known business-to-consumer..
- BR =bounce rate
The bounce rate (literally translated: that part that bounces off) is the percentage of visitors that land on your site and immediately leave, or at least do not view a second page. In this article we explain everything about..
- CMO = Chief Marketing Officer
- CMS =Content Management System
CMS is a Content Management System; a software application (usually a web application, which allows people to publish documents and data on the internet. The system is built in such a way that you..
- CPC = Cost Per Click
The Cost per Click (CPC) is a measure of the cost of an online advertisement. Unlike with printed media (newspapers, magazines, etc.), you don’t pay for the advertisement itself, but for every click you make.
- CR = Conversion Rate
- CSS = Cascading Style Sheets
- CTA =Call To Action
In this article, I’m going to explain what a CTA (aka call-to-action) is, how it works, and why it works. This article is packed with useful information. You clicked on our CTA, so please admit it…
- FB =facebook
Facebook marketing is one of the most interesting ways of online marketing today.
- FF = Follow Friday
- HTML = Hyper Text Markup Language
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a markup language for document content, primarily intended for the Internet. HTML also forms the basis for the graphical layout of websites. HTML consists of a “flat..
- IP Address(s) = Internet Protocol Address
- ISP = Internet Service Provider
- PPC = Pay Per Click
- ROI = Return On Investment
ROI is short for return on investment, or return on investment. You calculate the ROI quite easily. You subtract the costs from the revenue. The trick, however, is to know very well what…
- RSS = Rich Site Summary
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication (or Rich Site Summary) and it is a technical tool that easily keeps you informed of new messages being posted on your favorite websites. Instead of..
- RT = Retweet
- SaaS= Software As A Service
- SEO= Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization (NL: search engine optimization). SEO is the art of optimizing your website for the search engines so that you can be found better.
- UI = User Interface
- URL = Uniform Resource Locator
A Uniform Resource Locator (URL for short) is a structured name that refers to a piece of data. The best-known examples are the unique address used to determine the location of a web page on the Internet.
- WOM = Word of Mouth
Popular Arcroyms and Definitions
Geography: 50 U.S. States
Note: According to Countryaah, United States of America has 50 states and District of Columbia as the federal capital.
Flags of 50 States
- Meanings of ACCR - According to abbreviationfinder, American Chiropractic College of Radiology is commonly known as ACCR. American Chiropractic College of Radiology (ACCR) was founded in 1995 as a...
- Matthews, Indiana - Matthews, Indiana is located in the far south of the state and has a population of around 1,400 people. It is situated close to...
- Meanings of AC - According to abbreviationfinder, Ambassador College is commonly known as AC. Ambassador College was founded in 1947 by Herbert W. Armstrong, an evangelist and founder of...
- Montezuma, Indiana - Montezuma is a small town located in Parke County, Indiana. It has a population of 1,919 people as of 2010 and covers an area...
- Window Rock, Arizona - Window Rock, Arizona is located in Apache County and has a population of 2,871 according to the 2020 census. It is surrounded by the...
- Meanings of AUF - According to abbreviationfinder, Africa University Fund is commonly known as AUF. Africa University Fund (AUF) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to promoting access...
- Meanings of ABC - According to abbreviationfinder, Aarhus Business College is commonly known as ABC. Aarhus Business College (ABC) is an independent, self-governing institution located in Aarhus, Denmark. ABC...
- Manavgat, Turkey - Manavgat is located between Alanya and Antalya, 5 km from the Mediterranean Sea, on both banks of the wide and turbulent river of the...
- Meanings of Dimorphism - According to abbreviationfinder, the notion of dimorphism is used in the field of biology to name the condition of those species of animals or...
- Porte du Soleil and Espace Killy, France - Porte du Soleil According to Wholevehicles, Portes du Soleil (Gate of the Sun) is one of the largest ski resorts in the world. It...