An acronym is an abbreviation that is pronounced like a word. Sometimes the requirement is also made that each letter represents a separate word. These abbreviations are then called initial words. A real acronym usually consists of the first letters of several words and must above all be able to be pronounced as a word. Think, for example, of NATO or HAVO. Abbreviating these words is especially practical and easier to read and pronounce than when you have to pull up the whole text. Within the internet marketing world, there are a number of common acronyms (and initials). Below is a list, including meaning. See AbbreviationFinder.org for more acronyms.
- AIDA = Action, Interest, Desire, Action
- ASP = Application Service Provider
- API = Application Programming Interface
- B2B = Business To Business
Business-to-business (also known as B2B) refers to companies that mainly sell their products or services to other companies. Often these are companies that can provide the products or services.
- B2C =Business To Consumer
Business-to-consumer (B2C) concerns companies that mainly sell their products or services to private individuals. We also know this market as retail. Well-known business-to-consumer..
- BR =bounce rate
The bounce rate (literally translated: that part that bounces off) is the percentage of visitors that land on your site and immediately leave, or at least do not view a second page. In this article we explain everything about..
- CMO = Chief Marketing Officer
- CMS =Content Management System
CMS is a Content Management System; a software application (usually a web application, which allows people to publish documents and data on the internet. The system is built in such a way that you..
- CPC = Cost Per Click
The Cost per Click (CPC) is a measure of the cost of an online advertisement. Unlike with printed media (newspapers, magazines, etc.), you don’t pay for the advertisement itself, but for every click you make.
- CR = Conversion Rate
- CSS = Cascading Style Sheets
- CTA =Call To Action
In this article, I’m going to explain what a CTA (aka call-to-action) is, how it works, and why it works. This article is packed with useful information. You clicked on our CTA, so please admit it…
- FB =facebook
Facebook marketing is one of the most interesting ways of online marketing today.
- FF = Follow Friday
- HTML = Hyper Text Markup Language
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a markup language for document content, primarily intended for the Internet. HTML also forms the basis for the graphical layout of websites. HTML consists of a “flat..
- IP Address(s) = Internet Protocol Address
- ISP = Internet Service Provider
- PPC = Pay Per Click
- ROI = Return On Investment
ROI is short for return on investment, or return on investment. You calculate the ROI quite easily. You subtract the costs from the revenue. The trick, however, is to know very well what…
- RSS = Rich Site Summary
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication (or Rich Site Summary) and it is a technical tool that easily keeps you informed of new messages being posted on your favorite websites. Instead of..
- RT = Retweet
- SaaS= Software As A Service
- SEO= Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization (NL: search engine optimization). SEO is the art of optimizing your website for the search engines so that you can be found better.
- UI = User Interface
- URL = Uniform Resource Locator
A Uniform Resource Locator (URL for short) is a structured name that refers to a piece of data. The best-known examples are the unique address used to determine the location of a web page on the Internet.
- WOM = Word of Mouth
Popular Arcroyms and Definitions
Geography: 50 U.S. States
Note: According to Countryaah, United States of America has 50 states and District of Columbia as the federal capital.
Flags of 50 States
- Meanings of Acronym 3D - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym 3D has multiple meanings and interpretations across various fields, including technology, entertainment, art, medicine, and more. In this comprehensive...
- Meanings of Acronym 4C - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “4C” can have multiple meanings and interpretations depending on the context in which it is used. To provide a...
- Meanings of Acronym 3M - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “3M” has several meanings and interpretations across various fields and industries. “3M” is most commonly associated with the Minnesota...
- Meanings of Acronym DK - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “DK” is a versatile term with multiple meanings and applications across various fields, industries, and contexts. In this comprehensive...
- Meanings of Acronym CU - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “CU” is a versatile and widely used term that has numerous meanings and interpretations across various contexts. In this...
- Meanings of Acronym K5 - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “K5” can have multiple meanings and interpretations, depending on the context in which it is used. In this comprehensive...
- Meanings of Acronym RM2 - The acronym “RM2” holds various meanings and interpretations across different industries, fields, and contexts. Depending on the specific context in which it is used,...
- Meanings of Acronym FKU - Describing the meanings of the acronym “FKU” in a thousand words provides ample space to explore its diverse interpretations across various contexts. “FKU” can...
- Meanings of Acronym YVH - Describing the meanings of the acronym “YVH” in a thousand words provides ample space to explore its diverse interpretations across various contexts. According to...
- Meanings of Acronym LJJ - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “LJJ” holds various meanings and connotations across different contexts, reflecting its versatility and relevance in various fields. From personal...