An acronym is an abbreviation that is pronounced like a word. Sometimes the requirement is also made that each letter represents a separate word. These abbreviations are then called initial words. A real acronym usually consists of the first letters of several words and must above all be able to be pronounced as a word. Think, for example, of NATO or HAVO. Abbreviating these words is especially practical and easier to read and pronounce than when you have to pull up the whole text. Within the internet marketing world, there are a number of common acronyms (and initials). Below is a list, including meaning. See AbbreviationFinder.org for more acronyms.
- AIDA = Action, Interest, Desire, Action
- ASP = Application Service Provider
- API = Application Programming Interface
- B2B = Business To Business
Business-to-business (also known as B2B) refers to companies that mainly sell their products or services to other companies. Often these are companies that can provide the products or services.
- B2C =Business To Consumer
Business-to-consumer (B2C) concerns companies that mainly sell their products or services to private individuals. We also know this market as retail. Well-known business-to-consumer..
- BR =bounce rate
The bounce rate (literally translated: that part that bounces off) is the percentage of visitors that land on your site and immediately leave, or at least do not view a second page. In this article we explain everything about..
- CMO = Chief Marketing Officer
- CMS =Content Management System
CMS is a Content Management System; a software application (usually a web application, which allows people to publish documents and data on the internet. The system is built in such a way that you..
- CPC = Cost Per Click
The Cost per Click (CPC) is a measure of the cost of an online advertisement. Unlike with printed media (newspapers, magazines, etc.), you don’t pay for the advertisement itself, but for every click you make.
- CR = Conversion Rate
- CSS = Cascading Style Sheets
- CTA =Call To Action
In this article, I’m going to explain what a CTA (aka call-to-action) is, how it works, and why it works. This article is packed with useful information. You clicked on our CTA, so please admit it…
- FB =facebook
Facebook marketing is one of the most interesting ways of online marketing today.
- FF = Follow Friday
- HTML = Hyper Text Markup Language
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a markup language for document content, primarily intended for the Internet. HTML also forms the basis for the graphical layout of websites. HTML consists of a “flat..
- IP Address(s) = Internet Protocol Address
- ISP = Internet Service Provider
- PPC = Pay Per Click
- ROI = Return On Investment
ROI is short for return on investment, or return on investment. You calculate the ROI quite easily. You subtract the costs from the revenue. The trick, however, is to know very well what…
- RSS = Rich Site Summary
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication (or Rich Site Summary) and it is a technical tool that easily keeps you informed of new messages being posted on your favorite websites. Instead of..
- RT = Retweet
- SaaS= Software As A Service
- SEO= Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization (NL: search engine optimization). SEO is the art of optimizing your website for the search engines so that you can be found better.
- UI = User Interface
- URL = Uniform Resource Locator
A Uniform Resource Locator (URL for short) is a structured name that refers to a piece of data. The best-known examples are the unique address used to determine the location of a web page on the Internet.
- WOM = Word of Mouth
Popular Arcroyms and Definitions
Geography: 50 U.S. States
Note: According to Countryaah, United States of America has 50 states and District of Columbia as the federal capital.
Flags of 50 States
- Bellwood, Pennsylvania - According to ehuacom, Bellwood, Pennsylvania is a small borough located in Blair County, roughly 15 miles northeast of Altoona. It has a population of...
- American Public University (APU) - According to abbreviationfinder, American Public University is commonly known as APU. American Public University (APU) was founded in 1991 and is a for-profit, online university...
- Augusta, Illinois - According to ehuacom, Augusta, Illinois is located in the southwestern corner of the state in St. Clair County. It is situated on the banks...
- American College of Surgeons Oncology Group (ACOSOG) - According to abbreviationfinder, American College of Surgeons Oncology Group is commonly known as ACOSOG. The American College of Surgeons Oncology Group (ACOSOG) was established in...
- Gallup, New Mexico - According to Jibin123, Gallup, New Mexico is a small city located in McKinley County in the northwestern corner of the state. It is situated...
- American College of Management and Technology (ACMT) - According to abbreviationfinder, American College of Management and Technology is commonly known as ACMT. American College of Management and Technology (ACMT) was established in 2003...
- Belmont, New Hampshire - According to iamaccepted, Belmont, New Hampshire is a small town located in the heart of the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. With a population...
- Allegany, New York - According to existingcountries, Allegany, New York is a small town located in Cattaraugus County. The town is situated on the banks of the Allegany...
- Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey - According to ehuacom, Atlantic Highlands is a small borough located in Monmouth County, New Jersey. It is situated on the northern tip of the...
- Bloomfield, New Mexico - According to anycountyprivateschools, Bloomfield is located in the northwest corner of New Mexico, in the Four Corners region, and is surrounded by the Navajo...